Monday, December 5, 2011

Old Man Sports

It isn't fun losing to old people in athletic activities. If an elderly gentleman can best me in a game of chinese checkers I'm okay with that, I know how to check my voicemail so we're even. But sports are an entirely different matter. The last few weeks have been very tough on my man pride as I have been defeated in not one but two of my favorite sports by two old people whose combined age is 138 years old. Sure my grandfather and peppep have mastered their sports over the years, golf and racquetball respectively, but I'm having trouble swallowing my pride on this one.  Fortunately time is on my side, and in another 10-15 years, my dominance in both sports should be as apparent as Sukanya Roy's heroic victory over Toronto native Laura Newcombe in the 2011 National Spelling Bee.
This was a terrible example
-JL

No comments:

Post a Comment